Garlic Truffle Fries
Game 7 of the NBA Finals are this weekend, and I have the perfect game-day food for you and your guests to enjoy. Fries are in integral part of any sports game, gathering with friends, or just eating out in general. Everyone thinks fries are delicious, and adding just that extra kick of garlic and truffle makes them a huge hit!
Featured appliance and setting:
- 1 pound of fresh russet potatoes (you can buy pre cut and pre frozen ones too)
- 1 gal of canola/grapeseed oil
- Truffle Oil to taste/ 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste/Fresh ground pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- Parsley, chopped – about 1 tsp
- Begin by bringing oil up to temp in a large pot. Test oil out after a few minutes with a potato (it should immediately begin to bubble)
- Wash potatoes, peel if desired. Cut by hand into strips or even with a mandolin to ensure even cuts.
- Drop in cut potato slowly to keep it from splashing. Mix in pot to stir.
- Begin by combining all other ingredients in another bowl, prepared and ready to go.
- Potatoes should be done within 5-10 minutes of frying, the smaller they are cut the faster it will fry.
- Once potatoes are done, ring out excess oil and drop into bowl with all other ingredients, toss.
These fries taste great with ranch, hot sauce, or a delicious aioli!