B.L.i.S Gourmet Products
The Live Joyfully Boutique in San Diego and Dallas are carrying fantastic cooking products! Created by Chef Steve Stallard, BLiS Gourmet products consist of bourbon barrel aged syrups, vinegars and sauces. Chef Steve has a passion for sustainable, naturally sourced ingredients. In addition to this passion, he is the pioneer in bourbon barrel aging. This gives him access to bourbon barrels that are over 20 years old that contribute to an extraordinary taste experience!
“B.L.i.S” is an acronym for “Because Life is Short”. This has been Chef Steve’s motto since he was 17 and in Burgundy, surrounded by grand crus and the finest food. Life is short – treat yourself and eat well! Realizing there were ingredients missing in his kitchens, Steve began to develop chef-driven, unique ingredients to finish his dishes.
BLiS products are great for cooks of all levels! Each item is extremely versatile and rich in depth and flavor. To give you an example of how to use these products at home, see below for a few of Chef Steve’s recipes – you can use these ingredients in anything from a cocktail, starter or entree!
Cocktail: BLiSful Vanilla Margarita
- 6oz. of BLiSful Margarita Mix (see below)
- 1.5 oz. 100% Blue Agave, premium tequila, blanco style
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. cream soda (optional)
- Rim with BLiS Tahitian Vanilla Fleur De Sel
- Serve on the rocks, martini style, shaken, slightly frozen or inblender – your preference.
- Garnish with lime wedge
BLiSful Mixture Mix Ingredients:
- 5 Fresh limes, juiced
- 3 Fresh lemons, juiced
- 7 cups water
- 1/5 cup sugar
- Juice limes and lemons
- Heat sugar and water to almost boil and cool to room temperature
- Add juice to cooled sugar solution, mix well.
Starter: Confit of Rhubarb and Tart Apples
- 1 cup of Julienne of small tender rhubarb (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup of Julienne tart apple
- 2T of BLiS #9 Maple Sherry Vinegar
- Small knob of butter
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of good salt
- Sauté all ingredients together briefly on med to low heat until soft but crisp about a minute or two. Being careful not to brown
- Take off heat and reserve in its own juices
- Serve at room temperature
Entree: Buffalo-Style Chicken Tenders “Extra-Crispy”
- 8 chicken tenders or 1-1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 large eggs or 1 jumbo egg, beaten
- 3/4 cups Panko
- 2 Tbsp BLiS Santa Fe Rub
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed oil, or more as needed
- BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
- Blue Cheese Dressing (optional)
- celery sticks (optional)
- Place the tenders between two sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound lightly.
- Whisk together 1 Tbsp Santa Fe Rub and the 1/2 cup flour, put in a pie plate. Pour the beaten egg into another pie plate. Blend together 1 Tbsp Santa Fe Rub with the 3/4 cup Panko and put in a third pie plate.
- Dredge each tender first in the flour-spice mixture, then the beaten egg, and lastly the Panko-spice mix, making sure it is well coated. Place on baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper. Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a heavy non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the grapeseed oil. Heat the oil to shimmering hot. Test by sprinkling a crumb or two of the Panko to make sure it fries up immediately.
- Add half the tenders to the pan (do not overcrowd). Cook each tender for about 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Remove to a paper-towel lined pan or plate and place in a 200 degree oven till ready to serve. Cook the rest of the tenders as before.
- Drizzle some Blis Hot Pepper Sauce over the tenders and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side, if desired.
Feel free to stop by the San Diego or Dallas PIRCH location and ask our chefs to share their experience with BLiS! They’ll be happy to give you a taste test, and show you how these products can enhance any dish!